Because we are quiet
is the administrator of the Joint Venture
is our business wiki
is our web hosting arm
is our testing and Demonstration website for Web 2.0 applications
is our Dealing System
is our project and development methodology
is Open Source Software running from a USB drive
This sited operated on behalf of the 4xtra Alliance by HMW Computing
Visitors to this website must accept the following terms and conditions in return for the information provided.
The Owner of this site is HMW Computing whose contact details may be found below
We use reasonable efforts to ensure the information on all pages of this website is accurate and up to date. We believe it to be legal and truthful on the date of its preparation.
Information provided is for guidance only and is not intended to form any part of a contract and is subject to change without notice.
We are not liable for any losses or damages arising out of the use or inability to use these pages, any errors, misrepresentations or omissions on the material contained on them.
Visitors agree that the material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of the web pages on our website is obtained entirely at their own risk and that they will be entirely responsible for any consequences arising from access to this website.
We do not accept any liability in connection with any third party websites which may be linked or accessible through this website and we do not endorse or approve the contents of any such site.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, the copyright in this web site belongs to the Owner of the website and all rights are expressly reserved except with our prior written consent. The copying, reproduction, redistribution, retransmission or storage of all parts of the contents of this website is expressly prohibited, save only that Visitors may download and print out pages or files from the Website for their own personal use.
In relation to a dispute arising out of this website, you the Visitor and the Owner of the website agree to submit exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If you cannot agree to these terms, please do not use this website.
Our site does not automatically capture or store personal information, other than logging the user's IP address and session info such as the duration of the visit and the type of browser used. This is recognised by the Web server and is only used for system administration and to provide statistics which we use to evaluate use of the site.
You may be asked for personal information if you want to take advantage of specific services we offer such as on-line forums and subscription to our newsletter. In each case we will only use the personal information you provide to deliver the services you have told us you wish to take part in.
- The technical terms used in the terms and policies on this page
- Used to locate and display Web pages via a software application. The most popular ones are Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called cookie. Each time the browser requests a page from the server, this message is sent back. A cookie's main objective is to identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them for example by welcoming them by name next time they visit the same site. A site using cookies will usually invite you to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address and interests.
- IP (Internet Protocol)
- All networks connected to the internet speak IP, the technical standard which allows data to be transmitted between two devices.
- TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol)
- is responsible for making sure messages get from one host to another and that the messages are understood.
- IP address
- If you are connected to the Internet you have one,for example it may look something like this 18.104.22.168
- Web Server
- The computer which delivers (serves up) web pages to yourcomputer